A Plague Tale: Requiem has just received a 1.3 update, which fixes bugs and improves the game’s balance. The new update also adds support for Steam Deck and focuses on performance improvements and tweaks to the game’s AI. It is available on PC, PlayStation, Xbox One, and Nintendo Switch.
The game’s graphics have been rebalanced to improve performance and frame rate. In addition to that, Asobo Studio has fixed a variety of bugs, improved the AI systems, and optimized the terrain. This new update makes the game even more enjoyable and adds a couple of new levels.
It is a narrative-driven game, so you can expect the storyline to be similar to the first game. Innocence had a similar storyline, and the gameplay is very similar. A Plague Tale: Requiem also offers some great new tools for combat.
The game reflects the plight of the characters and provides them with effective weapons to survive. For example, Amicia’s crossbow is a reliable long-range weapon, but it requires skill to manage its different types of ammunition. This weapon also includes a bolt that can be used as a get-out-of-jail card in tough situations.
A Plague Tale: Requiem 1.3 Update Patch Notes
Patch Notes common to all platforms
Changes & Updates
- Balanced difficulty in “Nothing Left” and “Dying Sun” final arena fights.
- Optimized AI, rats, terrain and navmesh to reduce framerate drops and freezing issues.
- Fixed HDR issues creating crushed highlights (not applicable to Nintendo Switch).
- Fixed random crashes or blockers that could happen in some chapters.
- Fixed blockers or animation bugs that could happen during some crank interactions.
- Fixed issue during reaction between Ignifer pot and Odoris in specific cases.
- Fixed a script issue that could make the pine cones thrown by Hugo in “Under a New Sun” invisible.
- Improved cart collisions to prevent going out of the map.
- Fixed minor visual bugs in some chapters.
- Fixed unexpected change of audio language when changing other options.
- Fixed minor issues in German language.
Patch Notes specific to PC
Changes & Updates
- The game is now compatible with Steam Deck.
- Added new graphics options to improve visual and performance customizations (Frame limiter, Resolution optimizer, SSAO, DOF, Screen Space Shadows, Motion Blur).
- Improved auto-setting graphic profiles to better match PC configurations.
- Fixed specular flickering issues with DLSS.
A Plague Tale: Requiem is available for PC, PS5, Xbox Series, and Nintendo Switch. It is also available on Xbox Game Pass.