The upcoming Among Us Update 2022.2.29 will focus on improving the overall flow of the game and fixing bugs. The update will not introduce any new content, and is not expected to fix the problems with the current downtime. But it should fix some problems that were present in earlier updates.
Let’s take a closer look at the changes that have been made. The patch notes below will help you prepare for the upcoming release.
The first change is the ability to honk the horn while in The Airship. You can also now make a WEEEEH sound when killing a Right Hand Man.
Another change is that the Kick/Ban icon stays persistent on the screen after voting. You can now log in on multiple devices at the same time. You can now use your birthdate in the game’s Settings.
In addition to the new feature of using the horn, this update also brings new features to the game. The Airship now has an option to honk when destroying an impostors.
It is now possible to clean the vents and use them once again. The vents will become usable again once you have cleaned them. This will also make sure that impostors don’t get to your other locations.
Among Us Update 2022.2.29 Patch Notes
- A unique friend code
- Ability to send and receive friend requests (duh)
- Invite friends to your own lobby
- See who you recently played with
- Ability to block players
- Ability to show/hide your Friend Code (good for anyone streaming!)
- Ability to turn off/on lobby invite notifications (toggle this in the game Settings)
Notes about the Friends List:
- No offline/online status for friends yet
- You can turn on/off lobby notifications
- Child accounts will need additional permissions from their parent/guardian to access their Friend’s List
But that’s not it! Here are some other things you can expect with this update:
- Removed the ability to link/unlink existing accounts – this is temporary! We need to fix up the system here since we’ve heard it can be a confusing process, so for now we are turning this feature off until the next update.
- Screen Shake option can now be toggled On and Off (PC)
- Cosmetics are arranged in a different order
You’ve waited and they’re finally here – new collab cosmetics just dropped!
Ghostface Cosmetics (all platforms until April 30th)
- Scream Mask
- Scream Robes
Halo Cosmetics (exclusive to Xbox players)
- Spartan Armor
- Spartan Helmet
- Guilty Spark Pet
Ratchet & Clank Cosmetics (exclusive to PlayStation players)
- Ratchet’s Hat
- Ratchet’s Outfit
- Clank Pet
You can get these by simply logging onto Among Us to get these cosmetics automatically added to your inventory.