Nintendo has revealed today the financial results of the last fiscal quarter, ended March 31, 2020. Nintendo has announced that it has sold nearly 55.77 million Nintendo Switch since its launch.
Since its launch in March 2017, 55.77 million Nintendo Switches have been sold worldwide, and 3.29 million of these were purchased last quarter. Also in this short period of time, 45.62 million software, or games, were sold. According to Nintendo, 19 million Nintendo Switch units were purchased between April 2020 and March 2021.
The house of Kyoto also revealed the sales data of Animal Crossing: New Horizons, the latest major Nintendo title released in March 2021. 11.77 million copies were distributed in the first 11 days, while in the first six weeks the number is exceeded to 13.41 million copies sold.
Here are the best-selling Nintendo Switch first-party games ever:
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe – 24.77 million
- Super Smash Bros. Ultimate – 18.84 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild – 17.41 million
- Super Mario Odyssey – 17.41 million
- Pokemon Sword / Pokemon Shield – 17.37 million
- Pokemon: Let’s Go, Pikachu! / Pokemon: Let’s Go, Eevee! – 11.97 million
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons – 11.77 million (first 11 days) / 13.41 million (first six weeks)
- Splatoon 2 – 10.13 million
- Super Mario Party – 10.10 million
- New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe – 6.60 million
Nintendo has also revealed other sales numbers of its first-party titles, also revealing the first official numbers for Pokémon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX:
- Luigi’s Mansion 3 – 6.33 million
- Super Mario Maker 2 – 5.48 million
- The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening – 4.38 million
- Fire Emblem: Three Houses – 2.87 million
- Ring Fit Adventure – 2.73 million
- Pokemon Mystery Dungeon: Rescue Team DX – 1.26 million
- Astral Chain – 1.08 million
- Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3: The Black Order – 1.08 million
In total, 356.27 million games were sold for Nintendo Switch.