The arrival of Mewtwo in the Max Raid Battles of Pokemon Sword and Shield has triggered many fans of the game on how to defeat such a pokemon with a such a high level. Some of you may have tried to defeat him, but considering that he is at level 100, it is not an easy task.
Here are some tips if you want to face Mewtwo in Pokemon Sword and Shield. First of all, you must take into account these data:
- Only available until March 2
- Level 100
- It can be defeated but you cannot catch it, it only gives us rewards, among which are always:
- 30x Rare Candy M
- 20x Rare Candy L
- 10x Rare Candy XL
- Dynamax candies
- 1x Skill Capsule
- 1x Upload PP
- 1x Bottle Cap
- It has a 10% appearance rate in Max Raids along with the rest of Pokemon available in them.
Leaving this aside, let’s move on to the advice we have been able to know through the roxasventus210392 Redditor:
- Screen setter. Preferably Prankster grimmsnarl, or a lunala/necrozma that can outspeed Mewtwo. The physical Mewtwo has a brick break so be prepared to reset screens
- Some form of debuffer. Since you won’t know if it’s special or physical, it’s a gamble. As such, marshadow is great here. Spectral thief can steal said buffs. Just make sure it doesn’t die in 1 hit. A bulky Arcanine could be an option, with it running wil-o-wisp, snarl and intimidate
- Dmax dps. Bring a bulky pokemon. There no use if you Dmax and die after 1 hit. Tyranitar with assault vest, or a bulky lunala will do the trick. Inceneroar could be an option too.
- Some other dps. Zama or zacian work well, though Zama is bulkier. Another copy of the dmax pokemon can be an option.
Apart from this, they also recommend the following:
- The Pokémon you use must be at level 100 or very close.
- You must have a very good IV.
- It is necessary to take into account the advantages of types.
- You must have a good team of players to accompany you on the raid.
What do you think? Have you dared to defeat him?