Riot Games has released a new Valorant update 4.09 for PC. According to the official Valorant 4.09 patch notes, Riot Games has fixed some bugs and tweaked the UI, but the biggest change is the addition of a new agent, Fade. This new agent is from Istanbul and has a bunch of new abilities that can be used to dominate other players. This update will also tone down some of the defensive combat tools of the Sentinel, such as the Sentinel Trademark ability. It will also fix several issues with the Fade ability.
While nerfs are common in competitive games, they are also very harsh on new agents. The most recent nerf to Jett was particularly harsh. The Chamber nerf, however, is a less severe version of this nerf. It is unclear how long the effects of this change will last, but so far, it seems to be working. If Chamber’s nerf is any indication, the character will continue to be a popular Sentinel Agent in competitive queues.
Another notable change is the nerf to Chamber. Nightfall’s visual effects have been tweaked to add more clarity. It has been noted that Nightfall will no longer be able to cast Fade’s ultimate, but instead will be unable to do so. The changes also affect other agents. Several other changes were made to the game’s UI. The Valorant tier list has also been changed.
Valorant Update 4.08 Patch Notes – May 10, 2022
- Nightfall (X) – You should now see a decreased amount of flickering textures on diagonal walls when casting Fade’s ultimate. Also added VFX for additional clarity and visual impact.
- Seize (Q) – VFX change to the orb for a more dynamic presentation in 1p and Agent select.
- Cost increased 150>>>200
- Charges reduced 2>>>1
- Audio range increased
- Party Lead Transfer — You can now change the lead of your party.
- The current party leaders can right-click the player name they want to transfer the responsibility to, and choose “Make Leader” in the drop-down menu.
- A number of small tweaks and updates were made to the UI.
- Added Observer ability to toggle Scoreboard on/off.
- Addressed an issue where Jett’s Tailwind would sometimes fail to cast when used immediately after curving a Cloudburst smoke.
- Addressed an issue where Jett’s ultimate indicator would sometimes stay active after firing all kunai.
- Addressed a bug where an unintended ‘use’ input could happen after abilities such as Skye’s Trailblazer or Sova’s Owl Drone is activated while using the ‘use’ key
Download free Valorant update 4.09 on PC.