Today, a good choice is to use Shopify to build an online store. Shopify is highly valued today, as it has established itself in the market from a good side. Very easy to use, and easy to implement.
When choosing Shopify, the first thing you need to do is figure out the pricing that it depends on. How to choose the most suitable tariff plan, what you should pay attention to.
Now there are five tariff plans. The pricing policy will primarily depend on the set of functions that it has:
- Starter – $5 per month.
- Basic – $29 per month.
- “Shopify” – $79 per month.
- Advanced – $299 per month.
- Plus – from $ 2000 per month and above.
Shopify starter plan.
Shopify Starter has quite a few differences compared to other Shopify plans. The difference is that it cannot provide a fully functional online store. Thus it is possible to have a rather limited version of some functions.
When to Choose the Shopify Starter plan?
- If there is already an appropriate website that can be used to sell certain things.
- If your budget doesn’t allow for more.
- If this is a test mode, try your hand at e-commerce.
When is it better not to use the Shopify Starter plan?
- If you have a desire in creating a holistic fully functional standalone eCommerce store with Shopify.
- If the margin is low.
- If you have an idea for further integration of online and offline shopping.
Shopify Basic Plan
Shopify Basic pricing is average per month, making it about $29 per month. Thus, such a tariff plan is one of the cheapest. Shopify Basic is capable of providing a fully functional standalone online store.
When to Choose the Shopify Basic plan?
- If there is no site.
- If the budget is limited.
- If there is a need for a fully functional offline store.
- If there is no need for other additional features that other tariff plans have.
- If there is no need to make sales in large quantities.
When to Avoid the Shopify Basic plan?
- If there is a need for more than 2 staff accounts or more than 4 storage bins.
- If there is a need for advanced reporting features.
- If you need big shipping discounts.
- If there is a need to make full automation of certain processes.
The next tariff plan has a fairly simple name “Shopify”. The price is $79 per month. Such a tariff plan is more diverse.
When is the best time to consider a Shopify plan?
- If sufficiently high sales volumes end up with lower fees than the basic plan.
- If you need additional features.
- If more advanced reporting features are required than what the previous plan has today.
- If the value of automation functionality comes first.
- If you wish to apply shipping discounts. Discounts may vary, depending on the weight that is available as well as the size of the delivery.
Shopify Advanced Plan
The pricing policy is $299 per month.
When should you apply this tariff in your business?
- If the business has a sufficiently large volume of sales. Therefore, these sales volumes can make lower commissions more cost-effective than the Shopify plan.
- If there is a need for sufficiently advanced reporting functions.
- If not eligible for Shopify Shipping.
- If product sales internationally. If there is a need to facilitate the work with tax settlements when working with imports. There is an option for automatic retrieval.
When is it better not to implement an advanced Shopify plan?
- If some features are not worth a significant price increase.
- If there is a need for a special plan and individual support.
Shopify Plus Plan
The Shopify Plus plan is designed for larger, enterprise-level businesses and is priced accordingly. It offers bespoke features and high-performance technology. If a business’s sales volume justifies the cost of $2000+ per month, and they need these additional features and performance, it may be worth considering the Shopify Plus plan.
However, if the extra cost does not justify the added features, it may be best to avoid the Shopify Plus plan and consider one of the other pricing plans offered by Shopify.
It is worth paying serious attention to when choosing a tariff plan. Today there is a Shopify development company that can help you choose the right plan. Since they all differ significantly in the set of functions that may be important, which should be taken into account. The pricing policy is very different, along with the pricing education and the set of features that are included in this package. Here you can find an alternative for both small businesses and more advanced ones.